I hope your day has been going well! It is raining down in Toronto, and I thought what a better way to ignore this weather by looking back the sunny day when I made this recipe! This was honestly one of my favourite dishes ever, I’m not sure if it was the garlic, or the fact that I finally got my hands on fresh corn this year, but I had about 4 pieces of this corn!
I served the corn with my Sweet Potato Fries, hummus, spiced pitas, and guac. The gauc, hummus, and spices pita recipes are coming on the blog soon, so look out for those! It was the perfect patio weather, appetizer meal combinations!
Also exciting this weekend I went to Planta for lunch! Planta is one of my favourite vegan restaurants in Toronto (and we have an amazing selection a vegan restaurants here)! If you ever stop my Toronto make sure to take the time to come here!
Now into the recipe,
- 4 husks of corn
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garlic Aioli (recipe from Sweet Potato Fries post)
- 2 tsp. of chili powder (optional)
- Peel the husks off of the corn, and cut each ear in half (you should have 8 pieces)
- In large frying pan, pour 1 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic. (You can also add the chili powder here if you please, 1 tsp at a time).
- Set on medium heat, place 4 halves in pan for approximately 7 minutes, (Make sure to turn the corn often so it doesn’t burn) cook until golden brown.
- After 4 halves have cooked, repeat the same process (starting from step 2) with the other 4 halves.
- Place halves on a large serving plate. On top of corn generously put garlic aioli on top of the corn. On top of garlic aioli, put the red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!